- recipe for Parmesan Chicken
- ½ cup of freshly grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans plum tomatoes and their juice, pureed in a blender
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Follow the directions for the Parmesan Chicken.
2. While the Parmesan Chicken is baking heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add pureed tomatoes and juice, bay leaf and parsley, pepper flakes and salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer for 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Remove the bay leaf and parsley, add the basil and get ready to serve.
4.Bring salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain well in a colander, toss in sauce, serve with Parmesan chicken and top with Parmesan cheese.