Some how over the years I’ve never shared this easy Red, White, and Blue Berry Trifle Cake. This trifle has just 4 ingredients. That’s it. Super simple to put together, and your guest will be WOWed with the presentation. And of course it tastes delicious. It’s my go-to dessert recipe during the summer months.
I typically make homemade whipped cream when I make this recipe. However, the day I made this recipe I used Cool Whip. I’m currently in operation “clean out the fridge, freezer, and pantry” mode. I knew I had Cool Whip in the freezer so I thawed it out. Perfect excuse to use the last 2 tubs of Cool Whip. So if you like Cool Whip you can make it even easier for your self and use it and if not take the extra 2 minutes to whip up a big batch of homemade whipped cream.
I always have berries on hand in the summer months. And most of the time some form of whipped cream whether its Cool Whip in the freezer or heavy cream in the refrigerator. The only thing I ever have to do is pick up the store-bought angel food cake. The bakery version tastes just as good as the homemade version. Just buy a high-quality one and no one will ever know you actually didn’t make it! Your secret is safe with me!
And if your wondering where I got the cute banner and stars from. I made them! Yep, that’s right. I made them. Head over to my DIY blog; Sew Woodsy and you can learn how I made the patriotic cake topper and enter into a Cricut giveaway. You know, the die-cutting machine that allows you to make all sorts of fancy things like this patriotic cake topper!
Red, White, and Blue Berry Trifle Cake
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 2 8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip
- 1 pint strawberries chopped
- 2 pints blueberries
- Slice the store-bought angel food cake horizontally in thirds. Place one layer of angel food cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Then layer with three-quarters of the cool whip, and all but 1/2 cup of the chopped strawberries.
- Place another layer of angel food cake on top of the fresh strawberries. Followed by three-quarters of the cool whip. Smooth with a spatula, then place all but 1/2 cup of the blueberries in the trifle.
- Lastly, place the last layer of angel food cake and the remaining cool whip. Spread so that the cool whip just covers the angel food cake. Layer another ring of strawberries around the top and blueberries in the middle. Refrigerate for at least a half hour. Enjoy within 2 hours of making the trifle.